ExCPT is now a part of the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), an ATI Company.
The mission of ExCPT is to recognize pharmacy technicians who are proficient in the knowledge and skills needed to assist pharmacists to safely, accurately and efficiently prepare and dispense prescriptions and to promote high standards of practice for pharmacy technicians.
In support of this mission:
* Promotes high standards of practice for pharmacy technicians.
* Promotes safe and effective patient care by encouraging the use of highly qualified pharmacy technicians in all pharmacy practice settings.
* Develops and conducts examinations that evaluate the knowledge and skills associated with the performance of tasks required for professional practice as a pharmacy technician.
* Provides a means for recognizing pharmacy technicians who continue to demonstrate their qualifications by complying with continuing education requirements and adhering to high professional standards.
National Associations Recognizing the ExCPT
The ExCPT is recognized by the National Community Pharmacists Association, the National Organization for Competency Assurance and the National Association of Chain Drug Stores as a psychometrically sound pharmacy technician certification exam.
We are proud to be a member of the following organizatons:
- American Assocation of Pharmacy Technician
- National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- National Organization for Competency Assurance
- National Pharmacy Technician Association
- Northwest Career Colleges Federation
- Pharmacy Technician Educators Council