The National Pharmacy Technician Training Program (“Training Program”) is a printed manual designed to help you meet the requirements for training and registration as a pharmacy technician. It is also an excellent way to help you organize your education as a pharmacy technician.
Features of the Training Program:
- Helps technicians prepare for the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT®).
- Focuses on technicians’ basic job responsibilities.
- Over 500 pages divided into 18 logical, easy-to-follow chapters.
- Includes numerous illustrations and examples.
- Includes competency assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Includes over 100 sample questions.
- Easy to incorporate into employee orientation and performance assessment programs.
Major changes in the 7th Edition:
- Additional material as recommended in the model curriculum to assist programs interested in pursuing programmatic accreditation.
- More than 200 additional pages of information (nearly a 70-percent increase).
- Training at three levels to help candidates focus their studying: Introductory, Certification and Career Development.
- New chapters on common disease states, basic pharmacology and non-sterile compounding.
- Expanded chapters on basic medical terminology and basic anatomy and physiology that now cover additional organ systems, disease states and info on physiology and drugs.
- Expanded sections: patient interaction skills, destruction of controlled substances, most-abused prescriptions medications, controlled substances table, drug diversion, calculations and medication use in pregnancy.
- Revised chapters: patient communication, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and sterile compounding.
- A new workbook in addition to the self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter that allow candidates to review prior to testing.
Order your copy today!